Notability is an industry-leading note taking application with expressive drawing capabilities that make full use of the power of the Apple Pencil and iPad Pro. Notability has remained a top-seller in the App Store in the years since its debut, and is used by millions of passionate, active users.
We are looking for candidates with testing, automation, and/or development experience ready to help retain and improve the quality of Notability.
• Identify, record, thoroughly document, and track bugs
• Verify bug fixes and validate new features to ensure high quality releases
• Reproduce reported bugs and write detailed bug reports
• Ability to collaborate within and across teams
• Interface with beta testers to surface ideas, concerns, and pain points for new features under development
• Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases
• Provide product feedback and ideas to ensure the best user experience • Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• 1-5 years of QA experience
• Interest in testing and automation
• Excellent critical thinker who likes trying to break software
• Eagerness to learn new things
• Focus on user experience and overall app functionality
• Passionate about solutions while humble in the face of opposing ideas
Each member of our team contributes to all parts of our products. We trust each other to make decisions independently while also considering our common goals and values. We share ideas openly, and we collaborate across disciplines to ensure that our decisions make sense from all perspectives.
We keep work and life balanced. We set our schedules based on our excitement to solve a problem, and we trust each other to get things done. We work from home when it will help, and we have an “as long as you get your work done” vacation policy.
We work in downtown SF near Market Street, just a short walk from two BART/Muni stations. Our open-plan office has height-adjustable desks to help us stay limber, a trio of rooms for small group meetings or individual work, and a shuffleboard table to help us stay coordinated (or to enjoy during happy hour :).
This position will be in-office 2-3 days per week