We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Notability Design team. You will work closely with fellow designers, the product team, and engineers on a variety of projects, ranging from core feature development to blue sky ideation.
- Design from start to finish, participating in all phases of design, from definition to development to optimization and polish.
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about Notability's product direction
- Collaborate cross-functionally and regularly with engineering, product, and design peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate and deliver flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Communicate and share often in written, verbal, and visual forms to create alignment and move work forward
- Help advance the design team’s practices and growth. Be proactive in contributing to a positive team culture.
- Experience working on consumer-facing products
- A clear foundation of design principles and an eye for details
- Comfortable leading projects of all sizes
- A natural inclination to take the lead and help everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and appreciation of the work. Leave no stone unturned.
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
- The ability to design solutions that meet all product and brand requirements
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills — you’ll be collaborating with others and presenting your work regularly.
- The ability to integrate feedback, validate, and iterate on our products while being mindful of our customers, contributors, and insights gleaned by our support and product teams
- Well-versed in Figma, Sketch, or equivalent design tools (we use Figma)
- Bonus: proficiency in After Effects or other software for creating UI animations and educational videos
- Bonus: background or experience with copywriting
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or case studies that highlight the breadth and depth of your design experience.
How we Work
Each member of our team contributes to all parts of our products. We trust each other to make decisions independently while also considering our common goals and values. We share ideas openly, and we collaborate across disciplines to ensure that our decisions make sense from all perspectives.
When We Work
We keep work and life balanced. We set our schedules based on our excitement to solve a problem, and we trust each other to get things done. We work from home when it will help, and we have an “as long as you get your work done” vacation policy.
Where We Work
We work in downtown SF near Market Street, just a short walk from two BART/Muni stations. Our open-plan office has height-adjustable desks to help us stay limber, a trio of rooms for small group meetings or individual work, and a shuffleboard table to help us stay coordinated (or to enjoy during happy hour :).
We are open to full-time remote employees who reside in the U.S.
- Competitive compensation in form of base salary, bonuses and profit sharing
- Comprehensive healthcare fully covered for you and your family
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- 401k with matching contributions
- Matching gifts to non-profits
- Public transit reimbursement
- Home workstation reimbursement