Our team is building the future of collaborative creativity with Notability’s web app. Notability has remained a top-seller in the App Store in the years since its debut, and is used by millions of passionate, active users. Our web app will allow users not only to take notes on any platform, but also to share and collaborate with users all over the world.
- Participate in foundational discussions and decision-making on our web app, from concept to completion, and on into continuous improvement
- Operate with respect for the ideas, victories, mistakes, and time of your collaborators
- Apply technical skill toward efficient & stable user experience and mentor others in doing the same
- Balance product & technology needs through active & open collaboration
- Jump into unfamiliar areas to solve tough problems
- Write stable, readable, extensible, testable code
- 5+ years of experience architecting, developing, optimizing, and shipping high-performance web applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate within and across teams
- Passionate about solutions while humble in the face of opposing ideas
- Experience developing with React and Typescript
Nice To Have
- Experience with rendering techniques and technologies, such as graphics libraries and shader languages to solve problems in 2D graphics
How we Work
Each member of our team contributes to all parts of our products. We trust each other to make decisions independently while also considering our common goals and values. We share ideas openly, and we collaborate across disciplines to ensure that our decisions make sense from all perspectives.
When We Work
We keep work and life balanced. We set our schedules based on our excitement to solve a problem, and we trust each other to get things done. We work from home when it will help, and we have an “as long as you get your work done” vacation policy.
Where We Work
We work in downtown SF near Market Street, just a short walk from two BART/Muni stations. Our open-plan office has height-adjustable desks to help us stay limber, a trio of rooms for small group meetings or individual work, and a shuffleboard table to help us stay coordinated (or to enjoy during happy hour :).
We are open to full-time remote employees who reside in the U.S.
- Competitive compensation in form of base salary, bonuses and profit sharing
- Comprehensive healthcare fully covered for you and your family
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- 401k with matching contributions
- Matching gifts to non-profits
- Public transit reimbursement
- Home workstation reimbursement
- ISP reimbursement
- Monthly phone bill reimbursement